Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will be closed on Saturdays in October. We hope to reopen on Saturdays in November. We will keep you posted.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate the changes in veterinary medicine.
Traveling Bag for Emergency Evacuation
For your pets
● Pet first-aid kit (you can purchase or make your own)
● 3-7 days’ worth of canned (pop-top) or dry food (be sure to rotate every two months)
● Disposable litter trays (aluminum roasting pans are perfect)
● Litter or paper toweling
● Liquid dish soap and disinfectant
● Disposable garbage bags for clean-up
● Pet feeding dishes and water bowls
● Extra collar or harness as well as an extra leash
● Photocopies and/or USB flash drive containing medical records ● Waterproof container with a two-week supply of any medicine your pet requires (food and medications need to be rotated out of your emergency kit or they may go bad or become useless)
● At least seven days’ worth of bottled water for each person and pet (store in a cool, dry place and replace every two months)
● A traveling bag, crate or sturdy carrier, ideally one per pet
● Recent photos of your pets (in case you are separated and need to make “Lost” posters)
● Especially for cats: pillowcase, toys, scoopable litter
● Especially for dogs: extra leash, toys and chew toys, a week’s worth of cage liner
For human family members
● Duct tape
● Permanent marker
● Spray paint
● Baby wipes
● Protective clothing and footwear
● Extra cash
● Rescue whistle
● Important phone numbers
● Extra medication
● Copies of medical and insurance information
We are OPEN!
We’d like to share some information about our newest response to COVID-19, and adjustments will be put into place effective as of March 24th, 2020: The measures we are currently taking will be adjusted as needed;
Update as of April 30th, 2020
While we constantly strive to be available to serve you and your pets, unfortunately, due to staff shortages we will now be closed on Sundays in May. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. We expect this to be temporary and will keep you updated with any future changes. Thank you for your understanding and patience during these challenging times.
Please read the following as some of our services may have temporarily changed.
We will be postponing all elective procedures not deemed urgently medically necessary in an attempt to maintain the necessary quarantine policies and limit exposure to our clients. Some procedures that have been postponed include; nail trims, anal gland expressions, elective surgeries (spays, neuters, dental cleanings, etc.) and more upon the discretion of our veterinarians. If you have any questions regarding services we will continue to offer please reach out and call or send a quick email to [email protected] We are happy to answer any questions you have as best we can.
Please check out our online pharmacy! This is an option that will allow for home delivery while still supporting your local businesses. We can even email you a direct prescription request to save you some time, just let us know what you need!
What exactly is curbside concierge might you ask? It is a newly developed service we are now introducing. Our hospital will remain closed to the public and we ask you stay in your vehicle throughout the duration of being at our hospital. Give us a call to let us know you are here and identify your vehicle, and we will have one of our designated employees direct you on how we will proceed. For appointments and walk ins, we will come outside to grab your pet. We will take care of the rest, all while you wait in the comfort of your vehicle!
We hope that you stay safe and healthy. We are so grateful for your patience as we adjust our protocols and policies for the safety of you and our staff. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
More information can be found on our Announcements Page.
*Updated April 30th, 2020*
Welcome to Yelm Veterinary Hospital!
Thank you for trusting us with your furry family member.
| Dr. Jerry Brown, DVM | Dr. Emily French, DVM | Dr. Claire Griffin, DVM |
| Dr. Michelle Raleigh, DVM |
Our entire team is proud to honor our own Dr. French in her recognition as Yelm's Best Veterinarian 2019 by the Yelm Awards Program.
We operate based on scheduled appointments, however, we do accept limited walk-ins and urgent cases, because sometimes peace of mind is priceless!
Regularly scheduled appointments & urgent patients will be seen prior to a walk-in. Wait time not guaranteed.
As a military community, we are proud to offer a 10% discount to those who serve(d). We also offer a 5% senior discount!
Our Hospital first opened its doors on a plot of land, with a single-wide & a dream. The dream the original owners/doctors (now retired) built is still with us today. We are a "Patient Comes First" Practice, with availability everyday of the week, evenings, and weekends, with emergency triage - because disaster never strikes when you're ready! If you feel you have a Pet Emergency, call our office right away - someone will be able to guide to your next steps.
We are here for the whole family, because we love pets and their people too!